Yesterday, Sophie and I hosted a play date/pool party complete with a "big pool," "alligator pool," Nemo sprinkler, 7 moms, 8 little boys, 4 little girls, and one baby. (Crazy, I know) With every play date, of course, are snacks for the kids and when you are outside, it's hard to keep the pesky flies away. I read about a helpful little trick that I decided to try out and it actually worked! Quarter a lemon and stick some cloves into the cut sides. Set out the lemons on your table to keep the flies away. Apparently, the flies don't like the citrus scent or the musky smell of the cloves. I had a garbage bag a few feet away and there were flies all over it, but not a single one on the table with things like goldfish and watermelon. I was really amazed that this worked so well, so I thought I would share.
PS. For the Grandmas (and special aunties) who could probably care less about my helpful hints and only want, as always, more pics of Sophie.....I will try to have some more soon. :)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
A Helpful Hint for Play Dates
Posted by Heather at 12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the hint for flys. ANY hint to keep those pests away is always welcomed as are the "pics" of my beautiful granddaughter! I love you all!
We want pics!!!! Although thanks for the fly tip!
Post a Comment