So here I am today, enjoying a nice Sunday evening with my book and a glass of wine. Daddy is out taking the dog and Sophie for a walk in the neighborhood. I hear a noise and look up from my book. "Hmm...what is that noise?" I don't know, so I read a few more lines of my book. I hear the noise again. I look up. Oh my! RAIN is pouring from the sky! I think to myself, "Dustin needs my help!" So I run out and grab his large golf umbrella thinking that he will need this to cover the stroller and Abby. As I get to the end of the driveway and the rain starts to pour harder, I realize "duh" Dustin doesn't need an umbrella to save him....he needs a car!
I race to get my keys, jump in the car and start down the streets looking for my little family. I finally find them huddling underneath a tree....a big guy, holding a little pink girly umbrella (thank goodness for mommies who are prepared), a dog who doesn't see what the big deal is, and a little girl with a look of bewilderment. As I pull around the corner, I wish I could have captured the relieved and silly grin on Dustin's face! :-)
Everyone got bustled into the car and back home safely. However, it was such a nice summer rain, we just had to let Sophie play in it for a few minutes.
Thank goodness for mommies!!!!!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Mommy to the Rescue
Posted by Heather at 7:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She is definitely having a good time,didnt mommy want to play?
I wish the camera had been on you when you were demonstrating the Flashdance choreography for Sophie!
Post a Comment